• imageAlternative Dispute Resolution
  • imageChildren and Family Law
  • Commercial / Corporate Work for Non-Listed Companies and Other
  • imageCommercial Property
  • imageCompany and Commercial
  • imageConsumer Services
  • imageConveyancing & Residential Property
  • imageCriminal Law
  • Discrimination/civil liberties/human rights
  • imageDivorce and Matrimonial
  • imageEmployment Law
  • Financial Advice and Services (Regulated by SRA)
  • imageImmigration
  • imageIntellectual Property
  • imageLandlord and Tenant
  • imageLegal Aid
  • imageLitigation
  • imageMedical Negligence
  • imageMental Health
  • Non-Litigation - Other
  • imagePersonal Injury
  • Planning
  • imageProbate and Estate Administration
  • imageProfessional Negligence
  • imageSocial Welfare
  • imageTrusts and Tax Planning
  • imageWills

CSL Law Family Law Solicitors Claimed

CSL Law: the Trusted Specialists on Divorce and Relationship Breakdown

Be the first to review


Family Law

CSL Law provides a premier Family Law service to clients across Croydon, London and the rest of the UK. Our team of experienced Family Law solicitors offers tailored legal advice and assistance with a wide range of Family Law related issues such as relationship breakdown, divorce, and child arrangements.

We pride ourselves on being able to provide an efficient and highly personal service to all our clients, ensuring they are comfortable with their choices throughout the process.

Our professional legal counsel and commitment to excellence has earned us a solid reputation within this field.

End of Relationships

At CSL Law, we understand that family breakdowns can be one of the most emotional and challenging times for many people. We are here to provide assistance, with an experienced family solicitor who is well-versed in family laws and regulations, offering practical, sensitive and cost effective advice.

As family law can also involve complex negotiations and proceedings, you will want someone you not only trust but who understands the complexity of the situation.

With our experience comes a commitment to reducing the conflict and acrimony which may arise. Let us take some of your stress away by guiding you through this process.


Children are the biggest concern for separating parents, and it can often be difficult to make decisions that suit both parents involved. Here at CSL Law, we have extensive experience in advising these parents on matters relating to their children.

Our highly experienced solicitors provide our clients with sensitive and prompt legal advice tailored to their situation, ultimately striving for what is best for both parent and child involved.

We understand the stress and anxiety parental disputes can involve, and here at CSL Law, we endeavour to make sure our legal advice supports you through this difficult time.


Finances on divorce or dissolution are an extremely important matter to address, as both parties’ immediate and long term needs must be considered.

This is where legal advice from a experienced solicitor may prove invaluable, as they can give advice on the matters that need to be taken into account when resolving the finances, and the court’s powers when deciding how the finances should be divided.

The court only gets involved when parties cannot reach an agreement themselves, looking into your options can save you much time in the long run.

Other Services

Our experienced solicitors can offer other services related to family matters, other than those in the context of divorce or children arrangements. We are able to advise you on relevant legal protocol, such as discussing how assets should be divided in the event of a relationship breakdown and also how finances will work during the relationship.

If there is any need for protection due to an abusive partner, we can inform you of your options so that you can make an informed decision.

As well as this, we can provide guidance on what needs to be done if you wish to change your name – something which may require more legal processes than expected.

Family Law Act

We can help you to apply for a court order that protects you from any form of harassment, violence, verbal or emotional abuse coming from your partner or ex-partner. Being under the Family Law Act 1996, it is best to seek legal advice on how to go about obtaining an Injunction which are Non-Molestation and Occupation Orders.

An experienced solicitor will be able to effectively discuss the terms as well as advise you on what may be available given your specific circumstances.

Leading Family Law Specialists

At CSL Law, we are focused on offering our clients the highest level of service. Our experienced solicitor team is approachable, organised and always enthusiastic about helping you with your family law matters.

We operate with a high degree of professionalism and appreciation that there is a need for speed and accuracy from your legal representatives. Repeat client business and recommendations from existing clients testifies to this.

If you would like to contact us to discuss any family law matter, please do not hesitate – we are here to help.

Contact CSL Law today..  Leading Family Law Specialists in Croydon, London and UK


Q How do I start a divorce?

You can start a divorce by preparing a divorce petition and sending it to your local family court along with your marriage certificate and the correct court fee. The divorce petition needs to be completed accurately based on one of the five facts upon which divorce proceedings can be started. We have prepared a flow chart on our website which sets out the procedure for a divorce which you may find helpful.

Q I have received divorce papers from the Court in the post, what shall I do?

Firstly, don’t panic! You will have received a copy of the divorce petition and an acknowledgment of service form which has to be completed and returned to the Court within a certain period of time. Before returning the acknowledgment form it is important that you obtain legal advice and understand certain important sections of the petition and what options are available to you

Q I want to separate but I don't want to divorce, what are my options?

You may have taken the decision not to divorce based on religious or cultural reasons. If so, you can apply for a Judicial Separation through a procedure similar to a divorce. Obtaining a Judicial Separation means that you are no longer obliged to live together however does not ultimately bring the marriage to an end. You will still also be able to request the Court to approve a financial settlement that you may reach with your spouse.

Q What are the consequences if I were to move out of the family home?

This is unlikely to have an impact on financial issues, however it is important that you seek legal advice before taking such steps. By moving out of the property you may no longer have access to your personal belongings e.g. important financial documents and there may be a risk that your spouse may not cooperate which will prolong the divorce.

Q Are pre-nuptial agreements legally binding?

Pre-nuptial agreements are becoming increasingly common and although they are not yet legally enforceable in the UK, the Courts may take them into consideration. It is important for both of you to obtain independent legal advice before signing the agreement, to provide full information on your finances and to enter into the agreement in good time before the wedding.

Q What will I have to pay in child maintenance?

If you and your partner are unable to reach an agreement on financial support for your child’s living costs, a calculation can be carried out by the Child Maintenance Service. The link below will take you to the Government website where you will find a child maintenance calculator. How much you will pay will depend on how many children you have and whether they stay overnight with you during the week.

Q I am being threatened by my partner/spouse, what options are available to me?

You can apply for an injunction called a Non-Molestation Order. This prevents your partner or spouse from using or threatening violence against you, intimidating, harassing or pestering you. It can also cover abusive telephone calls, text messages and other communications. In order to apply for a Non-Molestation Order you must be related or associated with each other e.g. spouse, cohabiting or have a child together. These orders usually last for one year.

All Reviews


0 reviews

Solicitor Near Me


0 reviews



0 reviews